Registration for Club178 is now open!
There are a few options to sign up. Either online (due to shipping costs, if you sign up online it will be $50 plus a small transaction fees) or you can pick up a Club178 gift bag at Race178 Headquarters (only $45 in person).
Calling all runners, and family and friends of runners! Race178 has created a new club that is A MUST for runners who are interested in participating in the Race178 events in the Reno-Tahoe area in 2014. It is called ... Club178!
This is a perfect holiday gift for you, your spouse, your friend, or to spur you or someone else toward achieving fitness goals as a New Years resolution.
Club178 members get the following:
- A premium Headsweats running hat with the Club178 logo on the front. A $25 value.
- The right to sign up at the early registration price for the 2014 Leprechaun Race, Reno 10 Miler and Journal Jog EVEN AFTER the early registration deadline has passed. So you can wait until packet pick-up for each event to confirm you are in town and in shape to run. How convenient is that! The potential savings is $35!
- Access to a Club178 members only line at packet pick-up for the Leprechaun Race, Reno 10 Miler, and Journal Jog.
- Each month there will be a special deal or promotion for members to enjoy. We will announce the particular deal or promotion in the week before the new month.
- A special keepsake for participating in all four 2014 Race178 events including the 10th annual Reno-Tahoe Odyssey Relay Run Adventure. We will provide this to you at the Journal Jog or at a special occasion not too long after that event.
- There may be other benefits that we have yet to think of. Please let us know if you have any ideas and we will give them due consideration.
The price is only $45 ($50 online). The benefits will far exceed this amount.
Yes, there will be a speedy leprechaun in the race. The leprechaun will start after everyone else has begun, giving everyone a generous head start. If you beat the leprechaun across the finish line, you will win a special prize.
The 2nd annual Leprechaun Race will take place on March 16, 2014.
To learn more, please click here
Race178 Point Series
Race178 will have an Age-Group Point Series for the Leprechaun Race, Reno 10 Miler, and Journal Jog in 2014. Compete against other runners in your age group and try to win the Point Series!
How does it work? Depending on how you place in your age-group, you will earn points. The most points after the Journal Jog wins!
1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 8 points
3rd place - 7 points
4th place - 6 points
5th place - 5 points
6th place - 4 points
7th place - 3 points
8th place - 2 points
9th place - 1 point
Age-groups (male and female):
19 and under
70 and above
- Your age-group will be determined based off the first event you participate in 2014. For example: John turns 40 on March 17 but runs in the Leprechaun Race on March 16. Since John was 39 for the Leprechaun Race, he will be competing in the 30-39 age-group for the Point Series.
- If there is a tie, the tiebreaker will be the fastest time from the 2014 Journal Jog.
Stay tuned for the standings...
10th Annual Reno-Tahoe Odyssey
Get Your RTO SwagThe 2nd annual RTO One will take place on May 31. Teams of 4 or 6 runners will join the race in progress and complete the last 12 legs. The field for the RTO One will be capped at 25 teams.
To learn more, please click here
stay in the loop
Your email address is always kept confidential, and we will only use it to send you newsletters or special announcements. You may unsubscribe at any time and details on how to do this are included in every email.