What Everyone Gets
- Personalized race bib if you register by February 24;
- A scenic and mostly flat course through the Midtown and Wells Avenue Districts closed to traffic and monitored closely by a lot of RPD officers and volunteers;
- Leprechaun Race cup, Lenny the Leprechaun tattoo and other goodies;
- Free entry into the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum on race day by showing your race bib;
- Musical entertainment by Johnno “The Rhino” Lazetich and a bagpiper too;
- A finish line party with refreshments and a variety of vendors;
- The chance to race a real life Leprechaun. And for those who beat our leprechaun, you will receive a distinctive glass in celebration of your big win;
- A complimentary beer;
- Chip timing;
- An awards ceremony with cool green age group prizes;
- We post hundreds of photos on the Race178 Facebook page that you can view and download free of charge;
- Race specials with local businesses listed in the following section.
Bibo Freddo Gelato at Bibo Coffee Company (717 S. Center location in Midtown only)
March 13-20 - Half off any size gelato serving. One time only.
Eclipse Running (3438 Lakeside Dr., Reno)
March 13-22 - 20% off your purchase. One time only.
Great Full Gardens (all locations including new Sparks location at Legends)
March 15-22 - Free Coffee Specialty drink of your choice with purchase of menu item. One time only.
Walden's Coffeehouse (All locations)
March 15-20 - 15% off purchase. One time only.
The top 3 female and male in each age group will receive a Leprechaun Race water bottle. First place in each age group will also win a free entry into the 2020 Journal Jog. The age groups will be 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+.
In an effort to keep entry fees low, a shirt is not included in your registration. Race shirts are available for $15 when you register online. Limited shirts will be available for purchase at packet pick-up.
We need to be finished with the City of Reno streets by 9:40 a.m. For a 5K course that will give everyone even the most casual walkers plenty of time. We reserve the right to ask participants to use the sidewalks if necessary.
Strollers are allowed for this event. Given the narrow start line area, strollers shall start toward the back with the walkers. Look for the Strollers sign. No need to register your child being pushed in the stroller.
No pets allowed for this event. We appreciate your cooperation.