BE AWARE OF THE TIME SPRINGING AHEAD SATURDAY NIGHT/SUNDAY MORNING
Register Online: Now until Wednesday March 2
Race Start/Location: starts at 8:30 am from The Discovery Museum
What Everyone Gets
- Personalized race bib if you register by February 14;
- A scenic and mostly flat course through the Midtown and Wells Avenue Districts closed to traffic and monitored closely by a lot of RPD officers and volunteers;
- Leprechaun Race cup, Lenny the Leprechaun tattoo and other goodies;
- Free entry into the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum on race day by showing your race number;
- Music by a DJ and a bagpiper too;
- A finish line party with refreshments and a variety of vendors;
- The chance to race a real life Leprechaun. And for those who beat our leprechaun, you will receive a distinctive can glass in celebration of your big win;
- A complimentary beer;
- Chip timing;
- An awards ceremony with cool green age group prizes;
- We post lots of photos on the Race178 Facebook page that you can view and download free of charge;
- Race specials with local businesses listed in the following section;
Local businesses offering great specials will be announced closer to race day.
The top 3 female and male in each age group will receive a Leprechaun Race water bottle. The age groups will be 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+.
In an effort to keep entry fees low, a shirt is not included in your registration. Race shirts are available for $15 when you register online until January 13, 2022. Limited shirts may be available for purchase at packet pick-up however we don’t recommend waiting and hoping we have your size left.
We need to be finished with the City of Reno streets by 9:40 a.m. For a 5K course that will give everyone even the most casual walkers plenty of time. We reserve the right to ask participants to use the sidewalks if necessary.
Strollers are allowed for this event. Given the narrow start line area, strollers shall start toward the back with the walkers. Look for the Strollers sign. No need to register your child being pushed in the stroller.
No pets allowed for this event. We appreciate your cooperation.