What Everyone Gets
What You Get If You Sign Up For Any Race:
- a goodie bag
- and one entry into the Reno Running Fest Raffle - See Race Specials & Prizes
- post-race refreshments and vendors and music at the Finish Line Party
What You Also Get If You Sign Up For The Reno Mile:
- a Reno Mile Commemorative Coin
What You Also Get If You Sign Up For The Journal Jog:
- a Journal Jog finisher's medal
- a complimentary beer at the Finish Line Party
All of the above PLUS a Double Dare Medal!
Race Specials & Prizes
Race Specials - Participants show their bib at these generous businesses to get their race specials. Specials will be communicated and posted closer to race day.
Reno Running Fest Raffle Prizes - All participants are automatically entered via their Reno Mile and/or Journal Jog race bib number. The winners of the raffle will be posted Sunday morning at the Race178 station near the Journal Jog start and finish lines. You do not need to be present to win. Prize list will be posted closer to race day.
Please note that shirts are not included with your race entry because many of you have said you have enough shirts and we thought we'd give you the option of paying a lower entry fee if you didn't want a shirt. But if you want a shirt be sure to purchase one when you register.
- Overall top 3 men and top 3 women in the Reno Mile will receive special awards. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Overall top 3 men and top 3 women runners in the Journal Jog will receive CASH PRIZES. First place $250, 2nd place $150 and 3rd place $100. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Reno Mile - Top 3 in each age group will receive special Reno Mile awards. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Journal Jog - Overall top 3 men and top 3 women running strollers and walkers in the Journal Jog will be recognized with special certificates.
- Journal Jog - Top 3 in each age group for the run and walk divisions will be recognized with special certificates. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Journal Jog - Top 3 in each team division will be recognized with special certificates. These top 3 places determined by gun time.
- Journal Jog Costume Contest: there will be a costume contest for the caterpillar team division, and there will be a costume contest for everyone else.
Reno Mile: 12 minutes per mile for the timed heats; 15 minutes per mile for the untimed heats.
Journal Jog: We need to be finished with the City of Reno streets by 9:30 a.m. If walkers are the last to start and they start at 7:51 a.m., they have the most time, 99 minutes. That is a 19 minute per mile pace.
You may only participate with your stroller at one heat of the Reno Mile on Saturday and at the Journal Jog on Sunday.
The one heat of the Reno Mile is the untimed Fun Run Heat.
At the Journal Jog you may run or walk with your stroller. If you plan to run, then you need to sign up for the Run Stroller Division and you will start in the run stroller wave at 7:45 a.m. One stroller per runner in this division please - no sharing a stroller. If you plan to walk, then register for the Walk Division and you will start in the walk division at 7:51 a.m.
You may only run with your dog on Saturday in the untimed Dog Mile Heat of the Reno Mile.
Age Groups for Reno Mile
- 11 and under
- 12 to 14
- 15 to 19
- 20 to 29
- 30 to 39
- 40 to 49
- 50 to 59
- 60 to 69
- 70 and above
Age Groups for Journal Jog
- 19 and under
- 20 to 29
- 30 to 39
- 40 to 49
- 50 to 59
- 60 to 69
- 70 and above
Team Divisions for Journal Jog
- 2-person teams are mother-son, mother-daughter, father-son, father-daughter, or open pair (all other pairs)
- 3-person (may have more but only fastest 3 count) team categories are corporate, family, high school cross country, middle school cross country, club and open
- Caterpillars Teams are for 4 or more runners
Please note that all members of a team/pair must be runners or walkers; you cannot mix runners and walkers on one team/pair.
2-person teams: participants do not have to run or finish together. Their two times will be added.
3-person teams: participants do not have to run or finish together. The fastest three times will be added.
Caterpillar teams: participants must run the entire course together and must finish together. They should be loosely connected to each other so it is clear who is part of the team. The time of the last team member will be the one that counts for the team.
- Bibo Coffee Company 5 x $20 gift cards
- Eclipse Running Company 5 x $20 gift cards
- Edible Reno-Tahoe 1 year subscription
- Kaia FIT month long membership good at the South Reno, Midtown, West Reno or Spanish Springs locations (2 will be raffled)
- Orangetheory Fitness VIP kit which includes two free months of unlimited membership plus an OTBeat Core Heartrate Monitor good for either one of our Reno studios (2 will be raffled)
- Reno Running Company 5 x $20 gift cards
- Scheels 5 x $20 gift cards
- Yosh's Unique Deli 2 x $20 gift cards
Saturday Fitness Specials
- Kaia FIT South Reno
75 E. Patriot Blvd. #6 in Reno
2:00-3:00pm - Drop in to check out a cross-training class which is a unique mix of high intensity cardio, functional movement and both weighted and non-weighted exercises. (1 hour)
- Kaia FIT Midtown
820 S. Virginia St., Reno
2:00-3:00pm - Body Positivity Workshop (1 hour)
- Orangetheory Fitness
8056 S. Virginia Street #1 in Reno
2:00-4:00pm - Sample an OTF class with a 15 minute mini-class to see what it's all about. Walk/run on the treadmill, experience the water rower and a bit of the weight room.
- Sports West Athletic Club
1575 S. Virginia Street in Reno
Space limited to 30 participants, first come first served unless otherwise indicated.
- 1:00-1:45pm - Metabolic Resistance Training
- 1:30-2:00pm - Kick Boxing
- 2:00-2:30pm - Barre and Recovery
- 2:30-3:00pm - Indoor Cycle with award winning watt rate, colored zone guided computers (20 bikes available)
- Northern Nevada Athletic Club (CANCELLED)
961 Matley Lane, Suite 170, Reno
Times and Classes:
1:00-2:00pm - HIIT (high intensity interval training) sample class that may include some light equipment like medicine balls and kettle bells.(1 hour)
Saturday Taste of Reno Specials
- Bibo Coffee Company
S. 717 Center Street location in Reno only
complimentary small (2 oz. taster cup) gelato
- Craft Wine and Beer
22 Martin Street in Reno
2 for 1 glasses of wine or draft beers
- Holey Schmidt Donuts
490 S. Center Street in Reno
2 for 1 donuts
- Liberty Food & Wine Exchange
100 N. Sierra Street in Reno
10% off your purchase
- Under The Rose Brewing Company
1041 S. Virginia Street in Reno
2 for 1 draft beers